Wednesday, April 25, 2012

John Wooden-Blog5

My takeaways from this video is that success is not solely rooted in winning and losing. Success is building for tomorrow and putting your best foot forward. Wooden is urging the audience that everyday you are back at square one; it doesn't matter where you have been or where you are going, we are all the same at the begining of the day. The speaker's effective speaking techniques are that he speaks slowly and clearly. He enunciates clearly and speaks in a logical fashion. Wooden's speaking path is clear. Wooden presentation style is that he uses quotes and excerpts from poetry to convey his lesson to the audience. Wooden also utilizes anecdotes and real life examples to get his point across.

What matters in this video, as it relates to me, is that everyday I have to go out and prove myself again. I have to understand that success is not just an "A" or a hit ,but something that builds towards that. I need to adopt an attitude that nothing will be given to me, I have to earn it. What matters ,as it relates to education, is that teachers need to encourage students to be the best that they can be. Teachers are the foundation of a students success. What matters, as it relates to the world, is that success is not in winning or in losing. You can still win and lose by a ton, yet you can also still lose and win by a ton. Success is measured in how far you have come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment